Twin Dragons down for tonight’s raid night! :) /flex
That makes our raid progression 6 out of 12 for Cataclysm Raiding. That’s pretty great, considering we’re a casual raiding guild who raid 2 hours a night every Wednesday, Thursday and Monday.
Tonight’s raid was pretty awesome as we managed to kill the twin dragons in just 3 pulls. Hurray.
Last week was another story though. I think we spent around an hour just on the Valiona and Theralion. I guess practice does make perfect!
Last week’s raid. Valiona and Theralion happily chomping on my guildmates while I get my beauty sleep ;)
The Valiona and Theralion fight is pretty easy. but you will be needing a whole lot of coordination from the raid. Each member has to know when to stack and when to spread out.
You will be engaging each dragons separately, one will be on the ground while the other will be up in the air. So while DPSing the dragon currently on the ground and avoiding its special abilities, you will have to avoid the special abilities of the dragon up in the air.
Our raid had the following composition: 1 Tank, 3 Healers, 3 Melee and 3 Range
Valiona Ground Phase
1. Attack Valiona first. Raid should stay atleast 8 yards apart until Valiona casts Blackout, at which point all the raid members should group up on Valiona’s tail and the Blackout debuff should be dispelled. Then spread back out. (When Blackout is dispelled it will cause an AOE damage divided by the people in the raid, hence the need for stacking)
2. Run away from Valiona’s head when she casts Devouring Flames (breath).
3. When Theralion casts Dazzling Destruction, quickly run away from the void zones. If you find yourself in the Twilight Zone, avoid the pink orbs and click on a portal.
Theralion Ground Phase
4. When Theralion lands, ranged and melee stack up in separate groups.
5. When Theralion casts Fabulous Flames at a group (normally the range group), the group must run together out of the void zone that spawns
6. If you get the buff/debuff Engulfing Magic, run atleast 10 yards away from the raid and continue your spells and abilities until the debuff wears off.
7. Run away from Valiona’s Deep Breath and do not get hit by it.
-text from iPwn app (Free download from iTunes App Store, must-have for all WoW players! Requires iOS 4.2.1)
And the Tankspot video: (I LOL-ed at the dragon scribbles. They look like unicorns!)