You know you’re a geek when at 1AM in the morning, you’re in front of your computer, nom-noming on pizza while watching the E3 2011 Live Coverage Video on streaming.
And being the geek that I am, that’s what I did.
Last night, the new Nintendo Wii U was announced at the E3 2011 Nintendo Press Conference.
- Switch from TV to New Controller
- Draw on the New Controller
- Play only on the New Controller
- Use Motion to Control with the New Controller
- Get New Views with the New Controller
- Stay Fit with the New Controller
- Take Aim with the New Controller
- Play Across the New Controller and the TV
- Make Video calls with the New Conroller
- Browse with the New Controller
- Share from the New Controller to the TV
- Get More Detail with the New Controller
Some of the features are pretty awesome, I have to admit. Watch this video to see what I mean.
The Nintendo Wii U is set to be released in 2012.
I personally think that Nintendo is trying to ride on the tablet bandwagon which is the IN thing now. It leaves me to wonder if 2012 is too late of a release date.
What if tablets are obsolete by then? You’ll never know with how fast technology evolves.
The hubby thinks that the new controller is a step backward. With Sony and Microsoft going controller-less and motion-sensing, how do you think this huge, clunky controller will fare?
And I also wonder how much these new controllers will go for. Expensive, for sure!