With the end of Nefarian, our guild, Terracotta, has officially cleared normal 10-man Cataclysm content!
Not only do we get awesome titles (Defender of a Shattered World), we get an awesome mount as well.
The fight with Nefarian is a 3-phase fight. Our raid composition had 2 tanks, 3 melee, 2 range and 3 healers.
Nefarian Fight Strategy
1. Divide your DPS between Onyxia and Nefarian.
2. Animated Bone Warriors will spawn around the room. The spawns must be kited around the room until they become inanimate.
3. Kill Onyxia first, preferably when Nefarian is around 75% and before her energy bar hits 100% – tank her to one side, and Nefarian to the other. They have to be 60 yards apart or else they will both get a buff that increases their damage. (Onyxia’s and Nefarian’s claws will glow red if they are too close to each other)
4. Stay behind Onyxia’s when she casts Electric Discharge.
5. When Nefarian’s life reaches 90%, he will start casting Electrocute every 10% of his health thereafter until he dies.
1. When Onyxia dies, run to one of the pillars. Divide your raid into 3 groups, with each group having one healer and at least one interrupter.
2. When the room fills with lava, jump on top of your assigned pillar.
3. The Chromatic Prototype mob on the pillar will be casting Blast Nova. Each and every single Blast Nova (casted every 12 seconds) must be interrupted, while dpsing down the Chromatic Prototype.
1. Once all the adds are dead, or you reach the 3 minute mark, Nefarian will land and Phase 3 will start. Phase 3 is a tank and spank fight.
2. Let your Main Tank pick up Nefarian and tank him on the edge of the room.
3. The inanimate Bone Warriors will become reanimated in this phase. Your Off-Tank must kite them around the room. Ideally, the adds should not be hit by any Shadowflame Breath.
4. The key to this fight is to be able to manage and reset the adds.
From a healer’s perspective, this fight is hell! It’s a very healing intensive fight and you will more or less find yourself with very low by the end of Phase 2. You will have to manage your mana really well!
Next up, 10-man heroic versions while waiting for patch 4.2, Firelands.