A month ago, I ordered the Human♥Nature Pressed Foundation in Sand Dollar. (It’s good for light to medium skinned.)
Lucky me, they had a promo at that time and you get a free Human♥Nature Pressed Blush with every purchase of their pressed foundation. (I got the Human♥Nature in Petal Bloom. Yay.)
That goes to show that I *really* like the product! (I’m quite addicted to this brand! I like the Human♥Nature facial moisturizers, too!)
I initially found the Sand Dollar too ‘tan’ for my taste so I decided to buy the Island Shell which is supposedly next shade lighter. The problem with the Island Shell however, is that it has a pink undertone. :(
So I’m sticking to Sand Dollar for now (people keep saying that I have a healthy looking tan when I use this, so it’s not that bad, haha).
I might buy the Orient Pearl next. It’s supposed to work for light-skinned people with yellow undertones. I just hope it’s not too light.
Ever since I started using the pressed foundation, people keep complimenting me on my skin! No kidding!
What I like about the Pressed Foundation:
- Feels really light on the skin.
- It’s so mild, that I didn’t break out even if I fell asleep without washing my face.(Yes, I know, unforgivable sin!).
- No itchy feeling either!
- The coverage is pretty decent, especially if you have immaculate skin. You only need a few dusting here and there. You might get disappointed if you’re looking for full coverage, however.
What I like about the Pressed Blush:
- I really like the shades available. I use Petal Bloom if I’m in a ‘peachy’ mood. The Rosy Cheeks is good to pair with a plum-based lip color.
- Other people might find the blush a bit too sheer when applied. You will need to apply a lot if you want the color to pop out, but I personally find it perfect for that natural flushed look.
For both products, I like that they both give a nice, natural-looking matte, slightly dewy finish :)
My everyday make up look: (For the record, I have dry skin)
- Face: Human♥Nature pressed Foundation (BEFORE: Maybelline Clear Smooth Face Powder in Honey) / Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream as undereye concealer
- Cheeks: Human♥Nature pressed Blush (BEFORE: Ever Bilena Lip and Cheek Tint. Surprisingly, it worked for me!)
- Lips: The FaceShop Plus+1 Lip Care topped with Nivea Fruity Shine in Cherry or Strawberry
- Eyes: Simple eyeliner. Mascara and eyeshadow on special occasions like night-outs but on a regular day, I skip it.
- Eyebrows: Maybelline Powder Brow (in grayish brown shade)
As you can see, I wear very light make up as I absolutely hate the feeling of thick gunk on my face.
Ironic, since I had dreams of becoming a makeup artist before. I even had formal make up lessons in La Salle College International, and I’ve spent a fortune buying expensive makeup brands like MAC to build up my make up kit. Sadly, I realized I was only interested in making myself pretty, and not other people, haha.
So on a final note, if you’re looking for mineral make up, you can try checking Human♥Nature, quite affordable at P225 for the blush and P325 for the pressed foundation.