If you are looking for extra juice for your iPhone 4, here’s another gadget you might want to take a look at – the Third Rail System for the iPhone 4.
Third Rail System in Photos
- The Third Rail reminds me of the days when having an extra battery for your phone was the norm
- Charging from 50% to full took around 25 minutes.
- It’s more flexible than the BoostCase since it doesn’t only charge your iPhone, you can also use the Smart Battery standalone to charge other gadgets as long as you have a micro usb cable.
- The case IS pretty slim, but I’m not so sure about how well it can protect your phone.
- You can buy multiple Smart Batteries, stack them and have a instant power hub that can charge multiple gadgets ;)
- If you any other friends with the Third Rail Slim Case, you can actually share batteries.
- I just wish they had other colors instead of just plain black.
The Bottom Line
Will I buy it or not? Well, I don’t hate it, but I’m not too sold on it either. Maybe it’s because I’m a ‘purist’ when it comes to gadgets (meaning, I don’t like all-in-ones). I guess you can say that the Third Rail is like a Boost Case + MiLi.
It has the convenience of a BoostCase where the battery is attached to the case (but less bulky), but it also similar to the MiLi since you can power up multiple gadgets with.
You can take a better look and decide for yourself if you want the Third Rail. Third Rail Slim Case for iPhone 4 is available at the following resellers:
- Beyond The Box
- Digital Hub
- Digital Hub – Limketkai Center CDO
- Digital Walker
- Digital Walker – Abreeza Davao
- Digital Walker – Harbor Point Subic
- Digital Walker – SM Cebu
- E-Central – Cebu
- Gadgets in Style
- iCenter – Abreeza Davao
- iCenter – Gaisano Davao
- Metrovii – General Santos
- Power Hub – Chimes Davao
- SKT Digital – Bacolod City
- The A Shop
SLIM CASE w/ REMOVABLE SMART BATTERY – 3,850.00
SLIM CASE – 1,850.00
SMART BATTERY – 2,650.00