When most of your girl friends are either pregnant or have given birth, one topic you will always talk about is how to lose the baby weight and get your pre-pregnancy body back.
I personally can’t relate yet as I’m neither pregnant nor have I given birth, but I am mentally taking down notes for when the time comes ;)
In fact, I already have my battle plan – Operation “Sexy Geeky Mom” – which includes the following actions:
- Eat well. Have less sugar and carbs and have more veggies and protein in my diet.
- Have a regular exercise regimen like Crossfit, Barre3 or Yoga.
- Breastfeed. Not only is it economical and good for the baby, but it does wonders in helping moms lose the baby weight!
- If all else fails, get a tummy tuck or go through a non-invasive procedure like Velasmooth Pro!
What is VelaSmooth Pro?
VelaSmooth Pro is the first clinically-proven non-invasive technology for the efficient treatment of cellulite and circumference reduction. It combines Infrared and Radiofrequency (RF) energy technology (plus tissue mobilisation and suction) to effectively contour your body and reduce fat.
My VelaSmooth Pro Experience
Funny as this may sound to some of you, especially those who know me personally as the forever skinny girl, but I was able to try one session of the VelaSmooth Pro last Friday at the SKIN Dermatology & Laser Center located inside The Spa Wellness at Bonifacio High Street, The Fort.
I went inside SKIN and was greeted by two smiling ladies at the reception.
I informed them that I had an appointment with Dr. Shiela for VelaSmooth. They gave me some forms to sign and told me to wait a bit so that I could be briefed on how the procedure will go. They also offered me some ginger tea and water but I politely declined as I just had snacks and was pretty full.
After a few minutes, I was called in by Dr. Shiela and we got to talk about what to expect from the procedure.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- Each session will take 45 minutes to an hour depending on the area. I had mine done on the abdomen or tummy area. But VelaSmooth can also be done in other areas like your thighs, buttocks and arms.
- While VelaSmooth is non-invasive, it does come with a slight degree of discomfort. For some people it can be painful, for others it just feels like you’re getting a very hard massage. It all depends on the person’s pain threshold.
- It takes a minimum of at least 4 sessions for one to see results.
- VelaSmooth sessions can be done 1-2 times a week depending on the need.
- VelaSmooth is best paired with diet and exercise. Don’t expect this to be a miracle procedure.
After the short talk with the dermatologist, I signed another form just to make sure I understood what I was getting myself into (haha) and was ushered into one of the rooms inside SKIN.
I was feeling a little nervous actually, especially after finding out that some people found the procedure painful. But after lying down inside the peppermint-scented rooms with the soft music playing in the background, I started to relax a little.
What Does VelaSmooth Feel Like?
The VelaSmooth procedure was done by 2 ladies, Cat and Kline, under the supervision of Dr. Shiela. They pretty much did was done in the video above and that basically is how VelaSmooth is done.
But you may ask, what exactly did it feel like?
Well, first, the machine will emit a slight heat that can go up to 40C so it will feel like you’re getting a very hot massage. You will also feel slight pinching as your skin is massaged and sucked by the machine.
Ultimately, it did not hurt but I did feel a bit raw after.
Did VelaSmooth work?
Well, to be honest, I really can’t see any result after just one session but the skin around my tummy area did feel a teeny, weeny bit tight :)
When the time comes (like post pregnancy), I will definitely consider undergoing all sessions of VelaSmooth! It’s either this, or a tummy tuck!
For those interested in VelaSmooth, SKIN offers a 7 + 1 sessions package which cost P42,000. If you plan to do it on a per session basis, it will cost P6,000 per session.
If you plan to go through VelaSmooth any time soon, here are some helpful tips!
- Make sure to wear an outfit that isn’t constricting or tight. A maxidress would be perfect or a loose sweatpants paired with a comfy shirt
- If you’re going to undergo VelaSmooth for your tummy, make sure you do it on an empty stomach or you might feel queasy. You don’t want to end up passing gas, haha ;)
- You may bring extra underwear as they will be massaging you with firming lotion.
- Remember to drink a LOT of water afterwards. The way VelaSmooth works is that it breaks down cells and these broken down cells are absorbed and excreted via the lymphatic system.
For those who live near Shangri-La, SKIN Dermatology & Laser Center opened it’s Shangri-La branch last September 11, 2013. Please feel free to drop by to try their services!
Time for a Giveaway!
If you’ve made it this far, well, you’re in luck as SKIN Dermatology and Laser Center is giving away one (1) FREE VelaSmooth (Tummy) session to one (1) lucky geeky reader! :)
Here are the mechanics:
1. This contest is open to Metro Manila residents only as you will need to go the SKIN Dermatology and Laser Center in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig.
2. Fill up this form with your details and answer the question:
How do you keep your tummy toned and flab-free?
3. Follow and Like the SKIN Dermatology and Laser Center Facebook Page
4. Tweet or share this post by using the plug-in at the bottom of this post
Contest is open only until September 30, 2013 and I will be choosing the best answer :)
Good luck, geeks! ;)