Ok, so I’m bringing out the ‘real’ geek.
I’ve traded in my little black dress, heels and my martini glasses for my ratty shirt, comfy pink bedroom slippers and mouse. You see, every Wednesday, Thursday and Monday is raid night in WoW. Raid night means, I go in a virtual world and I kill pixel monsters with my pixel friends. I officially have no social life, haha ;)
For those of you non-geeks, WoW stands for World of Warcraft. It’s an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, meaning millions of people play it online) based on the game, Warcraft.
I play an adorable red-haired Blood Elf priestess named Veexie and I’m healer.
*phew* I feel so free!
For my ‘cool’ friends, you can disown me now. Haha.
Anyway, I’m just happy to say that our guild managed to bring down another boss!
My guild, Terracotta of Suramar US, officially started raiding last January 15 and so far we’ve managed to kill the following bosses: Magmaw, Omnitron Defense System, Maloriak of Blackwing Descent; Halfus Wyrmbreaker of Bastion of Twilight; and just tonight, the Conclave of Wind in Throne of the Four Winds!
I’m going to share with you the strategy on how to kill the Conclave of Wind.
1. Each boss must ALWAYS have someone on their platform
2. The bosses must die within 1 minute of each other or they will resurrect.
3. The east (Rohash) platform should have a healer or ranged DPS who can heal themselves. The west (Anshal) platform should have a tank and a healer. The north (Nezir) platform should have a tank and a healer.
4. The DPS should switch between Nezir and Anshal. Move to Nezir just before Sleet Storm. Move to Anshal wherever there are adds.
5. Do not stand in frost or get hit by cyclones.
6. Keep Anshal out of the middle and out of any healing spots (green shiny circle on ground)
7. The tank and healers should switch between Anshal’s and Nezir’s as necessary to drop their debuffs.
8. When the bosses are near death, kill Anshal first, followed by Nezir, and finally Rohash.
– text from iPwn app (Free download from iTunes App Store, must-have for all WoW players! Requires iOS 4.2.1)
And to help you visualize, here’s a video from TankSpot:
Suprisingly, it was a very easy fight. We managed to get it done in around 5-6 pulls. Like what our raid leader said, the key to this fight is communication and focus :) *OMG, how geeky is that, haha*
By the way, our guild is recruiting for our Asian 10 man team and we need healers! :) If you’re a WoW player and a healer playing on an Asian time zone UTC/GMT +8 (9PM to 11PM, Mondays, Wednesday and Thursdays) , and you’re looking for a home online, we want you!