My 4 year old SE M600i mobile phone is dying! *sob*
In fact today, I had to buy a ‘class A’ replacement battery because I noticed the battery was bloated!
Thank the geek gods I noticed it before it exploded or caught fire!
But aside from the battery, my phone is still in tiptop condition, working PERFECTLY with barely any bumps and scratches. Not once in my 4 year relationship with my M600i did I have any major problems so I’m actually quite sad to see this phone go.
But with the battery dying and bloating, I’m taking that as a sign (or an excuse, hehe) that I should buy a new phone!
Especially after I read Jayvee’s post on the HTC ChaCha.
After 4 years, I’ve finally found a phone that has actually piqued my interest enough to make me go to it’s product page every once in a while so I can drool over it.
I’ve finally found a phone that makes me go, “I. WANT. NOW.”
Presenting, the HTC ChaCha also known as the Facebook Phone!
Isn’t it pretty… (sorry, but I really like QWERTY keys. I’m retro-cool that way, hehe!)
In a nutshell, the phone has the following features:
- One touch to Facebook
- Type like a demon… with it’s QWERTY keypad
- Surf the web in style
- Snap and share in an instant
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread with HTC Sense Platform
- 2.6 Inch TFT display, 480 x 320 pixels screen resolution
- 800MHz CPU speed
- 512MB ROM, 512MB RAM with microSD expansion slot
- 5 megapixel camera with auto focus and LED flash, VGA front camera
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- HSDPA/WCDMA/Quad-band GSM/GPRS and EDGE Networks
I remember an old post I wrote for Gadgenista. I wrote about the features I look for in a mobile phone:
1. Sexy, sleek white body. CHECK
PDA functions. I cannot go back to using a phone which does NOT have a touchscreen and handwriting recognition feature!RETRO, lol
3. Qwerty keypad. CHECK
4. LARGE, clear screen. (Well, 2.6 inch screens were HUGE back then, hehe)
5. Compatibility with my old
P900 phonem600i, data, seamless transfer! (I hope contacts from my Address Book on my Mac are easily transferred to the HTC ChaCha.)
6. Sexy, sleek white body! check! check! CHECK!
Now if you look at the HTC ChaCha, it pretty much has all the features I’m looking for.. and MORE! I’m actually excited to own an Android phone. I own an iPod Touch now and owning an Android phone will be like having the best of both worlds!
Dear HTC ChaCha, to make sure you really ARE the ONE, I just have to touch you and see you for myself. *waits in anticipation*
* Rumor has it, HTC ChaCha is coming to the Philippines via SMART Communications VERY soon.