I really love it when gadgets come in very pretty packages. Unlike most tech gadgets, the BoostCase Hybrid Power Case comes in an easy to open box that can be re-used as a case for trinkets and whatnots.
Geek Girl Thoughts
- I reviewed the BoostCase Power Case for the iPhone 4/S before and I’m happy to say the the iPhone 5/S version is much thinner and much lighter than it’s predecessor.
- Your iPhone 5/S will still definitely become slightly heavier and thicker but not alarmingly so.
- The attachable battery comes in either 1500 mAh or 2200 mAh, and both will sufficiently double or triple the lifespan of your mobile phone.
- I have a love-hate relationship with the finish of this case. While the gold color is gorgeous and the texture quite velvety, I’m afraid the material of this particular case is prone to scratches and is a magnet for dirt and stains. I’m also afraid that the gold paint might get rubbed off when it rolls around in my bag, bumping into keys and stuff.
- If you’re the clumsy type, this case is definitely not for you as it won’t provide much protection whatsoever.
The selling point of the BoostCase Power Case is definitely the convenience of having extra juice on-hand with the simple press of a button. No need for those heavy, clunky, third-party mobile batteries that require you to plug-in.
A little pricey at P3,250, but if you’re willing to pay the price for convenience, this is a very nice iPhone accessory to have :)